Permanent Makeup FAQ
Forms to download:
Any type of permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any clients who are or have:
• Pregnant or nursing
• Diabetic (consult your doctor)
• Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
• Viral infections and/or diseases
• Pacemaker or major heart problems
• Organ transplant
• Skin irritations or psoriasis/eczema near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, ect.)
• Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
• Botox in the past 3 weeks
• Use of Accutane in the past year
• Please note: Results will vary by client; some hold most of the color, some hold about half and although rare sometimes we have to start all over. We schedule the same amount of time for your touch up incase that happens. Pigment retention depends on skin type and condition, age, aftercare, sun exposure, use of certain skin products, pigments used, immune system, activities, medications and other factors. Touch ups are recommended 1-2 years to prevent natural fading.
• Please note: ALL permanent makeup WILL appear darker and bolder due to the pigment being on the surface of the skin and to natural scabbing and healing for the first 10 days. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures. Permanent makeup requires client’s patience for final results. Skin is completely healed 4-6 weeks. We ask clients not to look until at least 4 weeks.ars to prevent natural fading.
• Please note: Failure to follow post-treatment instructions may cause loss of pigment, discoloration or infection. Remember; color appears brighter and more sharply defined immediately following the procedure. As the healing progresses, color will soften. It is also common for some of the pigment to vanish and then reappear during the healing process. Swollen skin is pushing the pigment out which is why it is most important to ice in some procedures.
• Please note: Pigment will lighten 30% to 90% this is normal. Adjustments will be made at your follow-up appointment in 4-6 weeks. Your touch-up appointment is made before you leave your procedure.
• Please note: If you deliberately violate any of our terms and conditions including my before and aftercare suggestions, I will be excluded from liability and I have the right to cancel any complimentary treatment in the future. I reserve the right to refuse our services. Prices are subject to change at any time.
• Please note: I cannot guarantee successful result on 100% of my clients especially those with problem skin and do not offer refunds as I have carried out the treatment at a cost to me.
Other important things to know:
• If taking prescribed medication for procedure we recommend that you have someone available or accompany you, who could drive you home if necessary
• We recommend ALLERGY TESTING a minimum of 24 hours prior to the procedure. This is done during your consultation, unless waived. If you decide not to do a consultation it will also be waived
• Ibuprofen, aspirin, and other blood thinners can all thin the blood. If you take these on a regular basis you will need to discuss this with your technician
• IF YOU ARE DIABETIC: It must be under control and you should consult your physician before procedure. Infection control is very important as you are subject to infection easily and may have a slower healing time
• Use sterile bandages and dressings when necessary. You will not be allowed to donate blood for 1 calendar year following your procedure, per the guidelines of the American Red Cross
• Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis several weeks before the procedure you are to completely grow them out
• Do not tan two weeks prior to the service, or have a sunburned face
• Do not have any type of facial 2 weeks prior to the procedure
• Do not work out the day of the procedure
• Do not have Botox 3 weeks prior to the procedure
• Do not take Fish Oil, Vitamin E or Aspirin or Ibuprofen one week prior to the procedure (they are natural blood thinners)
• Do take Tylenol or other non-aspirin pain relievers (if approved by your physician) one hour prior to procedure.
• Brow color will be determined by the Fitzpatrick skin type chart. The organic color suites everyone’s skin type perfectly
• Do wear your makeup on your brows to procedure
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
• Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your tattoo
• Do not consume coffee or workout before your procedure
• No water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on the treated area for 10 days
• Do not rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally fall off. Picking can cause scarring, and your results will not last as long
• Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after the procedure
• Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days
• Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days
• No facials, Botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
• Please note that eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first 10 days. This is very common for all semi and permanent cosmetic procedures. Results vary per individual. Oily skin and dark skin tones may experience more fading and produce more of a textured powder effect as the skin’s natural oils and sebum may spread the pigment more.
Important note about showering:
• Limit your showers to 5 minutes so that you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet only at the end of the shower. No shower water pressure on your brows. Avoid excessive rinsing, steam and hot water on the treated area.
I understand that time is precious, so to help us stay on schedule, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your treatment. I reserve the right to cancel your appointment if you’re running 15 minutes late or more.
All deposits are non-refundable and appointments must be complete 3 months from the date it is paid.
Life happens, so you have one opportunity to reschedule your appointment per booking. If you reschedule more than one time, an additional fee will apply.
Children and pets are adorable, but I ask that you leave them at home, as I use sharp tools and cannot guarantee.
I do not offer consultations unless you’ve had permanent makeup done in the past. If you’re that person, consultation fee is $50.
Don’t forget! Make sure to arrive without any makeup on the areas being treated with the exception of eyebrows. If there is a particular shape you prefer and would like us to see, please feel free come with them drawn in.
I aim to keep my space peaceful and ringtone free. Please set your devices to silent while at the studio, and take phone calls outside.
No food is permitted inside the studio.
All appointments must be booked over the email. Bookings cannot be scheduled for others, you must book your own appointments.
Scheduled appointments cannot be held without a deposit.
My studio is beautiful, but not sizeable. Please do not arrive earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment.
I understand that life happens and schedules get interrupted. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact the studio, by telephone or email, at least 72 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. If you don’t meet the 72-hour requirement or miss the appointment without notice, the deposit payment will be lost and a new deposit will be required to rebook the appointment time. Arriving late to your appointment will limit the time of your treatment, so that the next client will not be delayed. Help me maintain the integrity of my schedule by arriving on time! Please note that I reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any appointments after the 15-minute threshold is exceeded.
Frequently Asked Questions about Permanent Makeup
• WHAT IS PERMANENT MAKEUP (PMU)?
Permanent makeup is a cosmetic technique which employs tattoos as a means of producing designs that resemble makeup, such as eyelining and other permanent enhancing colors to the skin of the face, lips, and eyelids.
Ombre (Shaded Brow) creates a soft, misty, powdered brow similar to the look of makeup meaning the tails of the brow are darker, and fade into a light start to the brow, giving it a very subtle look. This technique does not incorporate hair strokes and is ideal for clients seeking a fuller looking brow. This procedure is not more or less natural than microblading but if definitely recommended for clients with oily skin.
• WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER TREATMENT?
Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to natural healing for the first 10 days. There is typically no swelling associated with this procedure and redness is minimal. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures. Results vary per individual. Oily skin and dark skin tones may experience more fading and produce more of a textured powder effect as the skin’s natural oils and sebum may spread the pigment.
Microblading is a form of artistry where pigment is implanted into the skin with a handheld tool. Strokes are created to mimic the natural hairs in your brow. Although this procedure is not as deep as a regular tattoo it is still considered permanent as pigment is implemented into the skin and can last anywhere from 1-3 years. Yearly maintenance is recommended yearly to prevent fading.
Skin types and lifestyles can greatly impact the longevity and appearance of permanent makeup. Excessive sun exposure, laser treatment and other harsh skin care treatments can change the colour and retention of your brows so it is important to take caution as to preserve best results.
• WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER TREATMENT?
Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first 10 days. This is very common for all semi and permanent cosmetic procedures. Results vary per individual. Oily skin and dark skin tones may experience more fading and produce more of a textured powder effect as the skin’s natural oils and sebum may spread the pigment.
HOW LONG IS THE HEALING TIME FOR MICROBLADING/OMBRÉ BROWS?
For most people, the healing time is between 7-30 days, during which you will experience some redness and scabbing. Please read and follow the aftercare instructions provided.
• HOW DO YOU CHOOSE THE EYEBROW SHAPE?
We will help you determine the best eyebrow shape and colour depending on your face shape, eye size, and skin tone.
• I HAVE OILY SKIN; DOES THAT AFFECT HOW THE MICROBLADED BROWS WILL LOOK?
Different skin types affect the results. Oily skin and dark skin tones may experience more fading (resulting in the need for extra touch ups), and have the potential to produce more of a textured powder effect as the skin’s natural oils and sebum may spread the pigment more than usual.
• HOW LONG DO OMBRÉ BROWS LAST?
OMBRÉ Brows results generally last between 1-3 years, depending on various factors such as: your skin type, your commitment to the aftercare, and the amount of sun exposure. Some of our clients visit us every 6 months for a touch up, while others choose to get a touch up every 1-2 years.
• WILL I NEED TOUCH-UPS AFTER MY INITIAL APPOINTMENT?
Ombre and Microblading touch-ups are recommended semi-annually or annually depending on the client. We recommend yearly maintenance for best results.
DOES THE PROCEDURE HURT?
A topical anesthetic is used to numb the procedure area prior to the needles being used. You can expect some minor level of discomfort during the procedure.
DOES EVERYONE'S SKIN HEAL SIMILARLY FROM THE PROCEDURE?
Everyone's skin is different and therefore may heal differently from this procedure. Depending on your skin type and how well your body heals from small scabs, some areas might retain pigment better than others. Based on our expertise, we will do our best to ensure pigment is placed well within the skin to achieve exceptional results. A small percentage of women might need two touch-ups instead of one based on how the skin heals. Please be patient and know that we are committed to getting you the results you want.
AM I AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS PROCEDURE?
Microblading/Machine Brows is a safe and reliable procedure and suitable for most people. However, if you have any of the following conditions, please consult with your doctor before attempting this procedure and bring a doctor's note with you to your appointment. If you have any of the following conditions and do not have a legitimate doctor's note with approval, we cannot perform this procedure for you. There are no exceptions to this rule.
· Pregnant and/or breast-feeding
· On blood thinning medication
· Have had injections/fillers in the brow/face area within the last 1 month
If you have any other medical conditions that you are unsure of, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to answer any other health related questions.
I’VE HAD PERMANENT MAKEUP SOMEWHERE ELSE THAT I AM UNHAPPY WITH, CAN YOU HELP?
The first thing that you can do is to book a consultation through my website with me. This will give me an opportunity to have a look at your permanent makeup and chat with you about your expectations/outcomes. Please note, I do not offer touch up fees or lesser priced fees for touching up other peoples work. New clients (whether you’ve had work done previously) would always pay full price and in some cases, much more if it is corrective work and will take more time and expertise to cover/fix/reshape your procedure area.
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions that are not answered on my FAQ form. Thank you!